Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sideline Report #5

I went to a Math Forum yesterday.  As a former English teacher, and total inept math person, this wasn't something I was exactly looking forward to.  Needless to say, I'd packed my work bag with plenty of things to occupy myself-counselor forms for career center applications, schedule change forms awaiting approval, course lists to balance...paperwork that needed catching up on.  I didn't count on knowing a soul at this thing, and planned on a seat in the corner of the room.  Then I pushed the door open and there stood Rose!  I have not seen her in months, as our schedules keep conflicting, paralleling, and sadly not crossing.  I let out a total teenaged girl squeal and hugged the breath right out of her lungs.  Of course, I was given the same in return.  I know I've said it before, but she gives the best hugs.  Ever.  I am certain I had sunbeams shining out of my hair, finger tips and toes, so happy I was to see her!


Guys and gals...she looks so good.  I am happy to report, that our dearest friend Rose looks amazing.  She has 14 treatments to go before radiation is finished (I hope I have that number right!!) and looks so stinking beautiful.  If ever there was a woman built to kick cancer's ass, it is her.  And she looks so damn good doing it!  If you've read the first four installments of this report, and have been sending your best thoughts her way, keep it up!  If you haven't, you can check out #1 #2 #3 and #4 to get in the loop.  


That's all I have for now.  Keep sending strong, powerful, prayerful, happy, awesome, kick-ass thoughts Rose's way.  She needs them-even though yesterday she looked every bit as beautiful as ever.  The battle isn't over yet.  But there is light at the end of the tunnel.  


Blog Footer