Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Sideline Report #2

This will have to be quick, as I am trying to get caught up on work after a whirlwind weekend of my stepdaughter's lovely wedding!  But I do have an update to share...


Rose had her surgery last week...a lumpectomy.  The mass was removed and they found nothing had spread to lymph nodes.  I have never been more relieved to get medical news than I was for this  She has a long road ahead of her still.  Her follow-up, then five days of radiation each week for six weeks.  But she is a strong and amazing woman.  I know she can do this.  I know she will kick cancer's ass.  It is just a matter of when cancer will realize it isn't welcome, and get the hell out.


I still feel as though there isn't much we cheerleaders can do but sit here, yell at the top of our lungs for our dearest friend, and wait/hope for the happiest day to come as fast as possible.  It isn't easy, this cancer battle, no matter which side you're on.  But talking to a survivor here at work gave me more hope today.  She asked specific questions about Rose's surgery, her treatment plan, etc. and then glowingly reported back to me that with her course of treatment, the prognosis looked good.  Right now, I will hang my hat on any good news I can take. 

Happy Valentine's Day to you all.  Say a little prayer, or send a happy and loving thought Rose's way.  She needs all of our strength and love right now as she enters into this fight.  We all love her so very much, and are giving her the very best rah, rah we can!


Blog Footer