Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sideline Report #4

Radiation begins Monday for one of the dearest people on the planet. She goes for six and a half weeks, five days each week. Lawd, that seems overwhelming to me. All of us who love Rosie so much wish we could each step in for a day and bear some of the treatment for her. But that wouldn't really help. Stupid, dumbass cancer. I loathe you. Why don't you make sense?

I know, I'm talking to a disease that is not only stupid and awful (and the scourge of the earth) but also CANNOT TALK BACK. Dear readers, whoever you are, trust me when I tell you that I'm only partially crazy.

Do me, no do Rosie, a solid favor will you please? Will you say some prayers, send good wishes, love, positive energy, or whatever healing and loving force you believe in this way? Then pass this along to anyone with a good heart who will do the same. Rosie is one of those rare souls that you meet and know we need to keep around. As long as we can. I know with all of our good energy and her strength, we will. So put on your favorite cheerleading skirt, grab your pom-poms, and join me at the sideline this Monday. I'll be that slightly crazy lady down there yelling at the top of my lungs. "Rah Rah Rhee, Kick Cancer in the Knee! Rah Rah Rass, Kick Cancer in the Other Knee!!" and other stupid cheers to make dumbass cancer get gone!! Wheeee!!

Blog Footer