Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Finally Friday

It is finally Friday y'all!  For the past two nights, I have felt like it was Friday, that "let's stay up late and watch movies, eat popcorn, leave the windows open, and sleep in" kind of feeling.  Only, it wasn't.  It was a school/work night.  And I had to get up early the next morning.  Ugh. My psyche is way off.  But this morning, the sun peeked out as I drove in, the music played, the coffee was perfect, and I am blissfully happy that today is Friday.  Because I feel fantastic, I thought I would share a little music memory with you today.

This is the one and only, yummy Harry Connick, Jr.  When I was in college, we used to blast his album She this time of year.  The air was warm, all the windows in the dorms were open, the breeze was wafting through the hallways, everyone was wearing their Doc Martens sandals, and finals were just about over.  It was the time of year college students revert back to childhood...playing Frisbee, catch, and buying a kiddie wading pool to fill through a hose fed through a first floor window into a bathroom.  Each spring, I pull this album out, and let its sounds waft through my commute, reminding me that the carefree times of summer are just around the corner.  Of course, they are far removed from college days.  Now they're filled with trips to the custard stand, the playground, swim lessons, and CSA pick ups...but they're even better than those days gone by.  

I wish you all a lovely Mother's Day weekend.  I hope you have days filled with love for those who helped you along your path...be it moms, aunts, grandmothers, sisters, friends, or others.  Take the time to thank them and share the love.  See you next week! 





Blog Footer