Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Don't Feed the Troll

Or poke the bear.

Or so I've heard...

Okay, so maybe I'm not exactly a troll.  Or a bear.  More like a hermit.  They're kind of the same, right?

Since I left work for summer vacation I have done exactly nothing with anyone other than my family.

Nada.

Zilch.

Zero.

Not that we haven't done things together.  Or that I'm hiding in a cave in our basement.  Quite the contrary.  We have been to multiple baseball games (Toledo Mud Hens, Detroit Tigers, and Cleveland Indians-love our AL Central League around here!).  We have gone on vacation to Georgia's Tybee Island for one week, enduring the rains of Tropical Storm Debby and eventually the 100+ temperatures that followed.  I am still knocking sand out of my morning walking shoes two weeks later.  We have several family gatherings in the works for the remaining summer months, a few more baseball games, and are considering a couple more family outings.

See, I'm not a total hermit.

Yet I haven't left the house unless we all have.  I am happiest sitting right here at home.  Ticking items off my to-do list like cleaning out closets and organizing the pantry is my job.  I've always vacillated between a social butterfly and hermit, and the swing this time has been dramatic.  I've even stepped away from blogging and much of social media.  (many apologies!)

Why must I feel apologetic for this though?  Clearly my batteries are needing recharging.  My person/self/energy is sapped.  This past school year was pretty hard on me emotionally.  I've been in a funk.  I am spending the summer trying to right the ship, so to speak.  When I say don't feed the troll (or poke the bear) I mean I need the time to recover my energies before jumping back into blogging, running around, social media, and more.  I will say that I have no intentions on giving up this space to write and share.  I just need to get myself together first and then will return.  I love blogging too much to completely walk away.  So when I am ready to jump back on the wagon, I will be back at full force.  And hopefully any of my readers that stick around, will be here to read again.