Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy Hour Friday the Thirteenth

Now that seems ominous, doesn't it?  Friday the Thirteenth.  You don't scare me.  Because right now you are snowing merrily outside my office window.  And it is the end of a long week.  And we get to have a three-day weekend.  So I'll take your number thirteen, thank you.

What a week it has been!  One that was so busy I didn't even realize Friday had rolled around until I was dressing for work this morning and thought about what to wear.  (Friday = denim in my world)  I have worked like crazy while in my office-processing applications for our career tech school, sending copies of transcripts out, preparing for scheduling for next year, talking about freshman orientation, writing grants.  On the homefront it was a busy week too-we have been a party of two mostly, as my other half is stuck late most nights in meetings.  I think we three are all glad to see today come.  Here are a few of the things that have made this week a bit more fun than work and sleep...

We now have complete bookshelves installed in our basement-beautiful craftsman-style bookshelves.  Sooner than soon I promise a basement post riddled with photographs of my husband's beautiful work.  It is quickly becoming the center of our home!

Shoe shopping at DSW.  They may have shipped me the entirely wrong shoe, but when I returned it to the actual store in town, I walked away with not one, but two pairs of shoes for a smidgen more than my gift card amount.  Score! 

Talented friends.  A very dear family friend of ours is a very talented painter and had her art show open on Wednesday in the college in her hometown.  Jack and I were able to not only make it there, but also to deliver the painting she did for us of a 3 week old Jack sleeping on me.  It is one of my most prized possessions.  While it has been in our home for nearly one year, it still has the power to make me gasp and get misty.  (art show post coming soon too!)

Comfort food.  Dearest husband had long days at work this week, so we made sure to treat him to food he would love.  Is there anything better than a late dinner of homemade meatballs, spaghetti, pesto garlic bread and delicious red wine? 

So what things can you raise your glass in a toast to?  What delightful things are you grateful for this week?  Make sure to add them to the comment section below so we can join in the fun!  And have a delightful winter weekend!