Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

On my mountain

I was not going to post at all while I was sitting on my mountain (side note:it isn't really my mountain. But it feels that way, so pardon the literary liberties.) However, I'm sitting on the porch of our cabin rental, reading my third book of the week, listening to a thunderstorm roll in, watching the light change on the Seven Sisters (the peaks we look at-just you wait till I get you photographs of those ladies-whoohoo are they beauties!), and I just have to write.

I have sent this week off social media. Spent it not reading email. Spent it reading books. Reading a select few blogs. Spent it sitting. Spent it cooking, talking, meditating, napping, photographing, exploring, and generally emptying out the garbage from my brain. Let me tell you it feels lovely. At this very moment I feel better than I have in years. I really don't want to come back down off my mountain. I want to wake up each morning and look out the window at the Seven Sisters, drink coffee, eat a giant bowl of cereal, meditate, and go about the day. I want to breathe this forest-scented air deep into my lungs. I want to listen to the insanely loud cicadas as I drift off to sleep. I want to stay where I have NO CELL PHONE SIGNAL.

But, back to life I shall return. I have a garden that needs tended to. A job that needs attention. A house that needs lived in. Family that needs visited with. Friends we miss.

For now thought I will go back to watching these two hummingbirds. Eventually we will eat dinner. Maybe have some more of our vacation dessert caaaaakkkeee. (more on that later too)

Blog Footer