Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

In the mood for a barfight

Who doesn't love a good show?  I have loved going to concerts ever since I went to my very first rock show in high school-Dave Matthews Band.  I can't tell you how many I've been to, but I can say honestly it is a lot.  A lot.


Concerts are like a drug.  The thrill of the live music.  The rush of the crowd's energy.  The ringing in your ears when you leave the show.  The sweat pouring off your skin from dancing till your socks melt.  Even the sticky residue on the bottom of your shoes from all the beer on the venue floor.  I forget how much my soul needs the rush until I get to one, and when we get away from the show and out into the relative silence of the real world, I babble on and on about how we "need to do this more often!" (usually loudly because I can't really gauge my own volume against the ringing in my ears).


Why am I blathering about this tonight?  Well dear readers, because I am going to a concert one month from today!  Wheeeeeee!  And, in all my concert-going, this is the cheapest ticket I've ever purchased...a whole ten dollars.  We are going to see Hayes Carll in Cleveland next month.  The husband and I have been trying to see him live for several years now, but he never seems to come north of the Mason Dixon line, typically hovering round Texas.  Now I get to see the man who sings lovely, twangy, bar fight fun songs live.  Check out the ACL video.  He is the second half of the show.  I especially adore the song, "Another Like You."  It is such rowdy, raunchy fun.





Watch the full episode. See more Austin City Limits.


Now, I need to shop for a new outfit. I must look sassy for this show. You know, just in case I get into a good 'ol barfight. That way I look good for my mug shot.




Kidding. Totally kidding about the fight. 



Blog Footer