Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

On Becoming a Morning Person

I'm wouldn't classify myself a morning person. I'm more of a "hit the snooze button 10 times-don't talk to me until I get my first coffee-would rather be in my warm comfy bed" person. However, I love mornings.


I know, I'm kind of a weirdo. (side-note: does anyone say "weirdo" anymore?)


Once I'm up, out of bed, dressed, and have my mug of coffee in hand, I love everything about mornings. I love watching the sunrise as I drive across the countryside to work. I love my summer mornings at home on the screen porch. I love easing into the day reading through my favorite blogs, news sites, an watching a few videos. I turn on the radio and get my brain ready for work.


This article, by Pilar Gerasimo I found (in bed this morning reading on my iPhone as I was trying not to get up) made me think that maybe it isn't that I'm not a morning person. Maybe I'm just going about it all the wrong way. I do know that I'm not a waking-up person. But if I had a morning routine like Pilar's, I may not even have a problem dragging my butt out of bed. So I'm going to think on this. I'm going to see what I can come up with that I'll do each morning-summers included-that will motivate me to not hit the snooze button, but get up, move and have a soft entry into my day.


Who knows, maybe I will become a morning person after all?


Blog Footer