Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Baby Steps

Today, I am lacking in motivation to do anything.  Anything productive.  Anything non-productive.  Just anything.  I think it has something to do with last week's 'mysterious illness trying to kill me' coupled with a few snow days, a dash of Jack's birthday party, and staying up past my bedtime to live tweet the Oscars.  Today I just want to veg.

But I need to function, work, and be productive.  It is the last day of February! In my mind, the seasons follow months, not dates.  Today is the last day of winter.  Spring starts on March 1.  I know...blah, blah, blah, the equinox isn't for 20 odd days yet.  But with March comes the thaws, the wind, the rains.  By the end of the month we have usually seen at least one good warm day.  By the end of this week, our local custard stand, Mel-o-Creme even opens!  This is all reason to hope for springtime warmth.

Today, I am going to push myself to take baby steps.  I'm going to feign inspriation to be productive.  I don't feel it, but maybe the whole "fake it till you make it" notion will work out.  I was thinking a little bit about my favorite place in the world besides home-Tybee Island-and their sea turtles.  Those little guys try so hard to get where they're going, and somehow manage to do it.  Well, if they can, I guess I'll muster the energy to organize this desk, tackle a few tasks, and feel good about my afternoon.  How about you?


My inspiration, care of Sunshine Palate & Carol.

Blog Footer