Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

The wall...

I knew this school year was off to too good of a start for me.  Lately I kept wondering when it would happen, when I was going to slam, face first, into the wall.  Oof...it happened.  After the high of Challenge Day, we took a trip east and back to my hometown.  By the time we arrived back to our home last night I was done for.  Sleeping on the couch, head pounding, arms feeling like noodles.  You know what I'm talking about.  I just felt like a semi truck had barreled into me and left me for vultures to find.  Not pretty.  So, today I spent time recovering.  A few migraine meds, some rest, lots of tea, and snuggles from my three-year-old later, and I'm feeling much more like a human and less like roadkill.  At least this evening I'm upright and have emptied the dishwasher.  That's far better than 24 hours ago...at that point a shower sounded like torture.  


It's days like this when I have to remind myself that I need to slow down a little.  Take better care of my physical/emotional well being.  I need to go to bed earlier.  I need to unwind in the evenings.  I need to use my weekends to refuel.  I need to put the iPhone down when the family is home and focus on them.  I owe myself and my family a healthy and whole wife and mom.  


So tomorrow (after we put our son on the bus for the first time) I'll start to try to do better again.  Here's to taking better care of ourselves...at all times.  Not just when our bodies force us to remember it is important.  


Blog Footer