Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pardon me while I become a puddle

Today was one of those days that they don't warn you about when you have a baby.  Today was our boy's first day of preschool.  He climbed onto the school bus without so much as a look back over his shoulder and was off on that lumbering yellow submarine.  Our baby no more.  He is getting so big, so long, so tough.  There are still glimpses of the baby boy we brought home, but they are getting fewer and further apart.  It was bittersweet today for me.  I remember just how exciting starting school was for me as a little girl, and didn't want to crowd his excitement with my own mixed feelings.  I want him to love school as much as I did.  I want him to run into learning with as much enthusiasm every day as he did this morning.  So I held my tears in until he was out of sight.  But being a mother is the most heartbreaking thing I've ever done...it is a series of goodbyes.  You love that being so hard, but you work so that your little person can grow and leave.  It is all mixed up and hard.  And it is something I wouldn't trade for anything in this world or the next.


Little man...go and conquer today...and every day...







Blog Footer