Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Palm to Forehead

Sometimes I am a complete moron.

You know, the one who drops the ball right as the runner is sliding into home plate?

I'm that person. I am good at bungling things from time to time. I admit it. In fact, this space is kind of my therapy space. I can safely tell all of you (or no one, depending on how many readers I have) that I am not perfect. And I'm totally cool with it. I'm at a point in my life where I will own up to my own mistakes. Say I'm sorry. Ask how to fix things.

Which is why today, when something I was attempting to do for my job went completely inside-out, I owned up to screwing up. Sigh. Live and learn, right? Like I said, I can massively mess up. It is quite possible this is where my own empathy for others springs. I have been in that place of guilty feelings and embarrassment. I feel your pain.

So I will pick up the pieces and move on. One of my resolutions for the new year (my school year is ending-and I always think about new school year resolutions right about now) is to maintain a positive outlook. I'm pretty good at this in my personal life. I want to bring it into my professional life. It starts today. This moment. Tomorrow I'll rise and shine. I have to say, I am very excited about next school year already. Lots of new and exciting changes coming. So bring it on. I'm sure along the way I will fall flat on my face, but at least I can pick myself up, dust myself off and move on.

Because that is what catchers who drop the ball do. We move on to the next base runner.