Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Break-A List

Because today is the final (week)day of my glorious vacation.  And because I woke up this morning with that heavy feeling that soon I will have to return to the grind of work.  I decided to list all the delicious things that made this week perfection for a Spring Break (even if the weather did not cooperate).

1.  I immediately fell into my summer sleep schedule.  Up late reading.  Sleeping until my boy climbed into bed each morning.  Drowsy mug of coffee to gently prod me into my days.  I am so fortunate that our son is like me-a night owl who likes peace and quiet in the morning.

2.  Reality TV and my DVR.  I don't watch a ton of reality television.  Mostly because I DVR what I do watch, and then get anxiety when I don't have time to catch up on it.  So I'm picky.  I spent the better part of my Monday morning watching what was left on the DVR of my shows.  It was an indulgence in trashy brain candy.  Mmmmmmmmmmm.

3.  Wandering the aisles of Target and never setting foot in the toy department.  I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, and needed to snag a few items at Target before grabbing lunch and doing the school pick-up.  I got to browse clothes, jewelery, cosmetics, home goods, electronics...hell, I even spent time staring at a variety of toothpastes without the ever present "mom, mom, mom, MOM!" nagging me to go look at toys.  It was like meditation.

4.  Sitting completely alone in a movie theatre to see Titanic.  Literally, alone.  I went by myself.  And, no one else was there to see the film at 10:15 in the morning.  Private viewing?  Why yes, please.

5.  Relaxed while cooking dinner.  I did not feel rushed like I do after a work day.  I did not feel exhausted.  I had that summertime, lets linger over this meal, the sun won't set for hours kind of feeling.  It was blissful.

So today ends my week.  Tomorrow I have several things on the agenda.  Sunday brings, well that Sunday feeling that I must return to work.  But on the bright side, we are nearing the end of the year.  Two weeks of April, and May always feels like a blink of the eye.  Before I know it I will be doing my annual blog post about graduation and how it makes me weepy.  On deck this week-kindergarten registration for the little man.  Brace yourselves.