Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Working" out

Let me just start this post today by saying one thing.


WAAAAHHHHHHH!


There.  It's out there.  I hate working out.  It has the word "working" in it.  I hate sweating.  I hate getting all winded.  I hate sore muscles.  I hate exertion.  The whole thing is just meh to me.  I know there are those of you out there who are poised, fingertips to keyboards, ready to strike at the girl who is whining about working out.  You're ready to extol to me the many virtues of a work-out.  You're ready to tell me how much better I'll feel after I'm finished.  How I'll get those endorphins.  How much healthier I'll be.  Blah, blah, blah.  I get it.  


The thing is...I have been there.  I have, at various points in my life, gone to the Rec Center when in college, been a part-time runner, been an avid walker, joined a gym and hired a personal trainer, utilized my elliptical trainer months at a time.  Each stint working out and I have had, I do feel better when not actually "working out."  I like being strong.  I like having energy.  I just loathe what I have to do to be there.  I want someone to invent a pill, a drink, or something that gives me all the benefits without the massive time commitment.  Can't someone get on that?  I mean, my day starts when my alarm goes off at 5am.  That is o'dark hundred for those of you who aren't aware.  And this non-morning person doesn't drag her butt out of bed for 30 minutes of snooze button hitting bliss.  I have to be out the door by 6:40.  When I get home from work I'm usually on my own with the boy until my husband arrives much later.  And let's just say, Jack isn't too forgiving of me trying to use my yoga DVD or the 30 day shred when he wants to watch Nick Jr and spend time with mom.  That pushes this to 8:30.  People, by then my eyelids are held open by toothpicks and my body is screaming for a hot bath and bed.  I just don't know how other people do it.  Get up at 4am?  Um, no.  Work out at 10:00pm?  Not happening.  


Luckily for me, summer is coming.  Because I read chookooloonks yesterday and she was all about the schedule.  Which I'm all about.  So in a few weeks, I'm posting my schedule here.  My summer vacation schedule.  It will include the following items:
Midwestern Modern Momma
Social Media Work
Fitness
Cooking
Gardening
Jack & Play


The rest will be left to the imagination...it is vacation, after all!  


Done with the rant...thanks for staying with me this long.  If you're still here, and have ideas on awesome workout videos, send them my way.  I'm open to suggestions!
Blog Footer