Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

My anchor

I'm a lucky girl.  I have a beautiful home, a family that I adore, a job that I worked hard to get and fulfills me, and friends who make me laugh every day.  Yet, I was recently reminded just how important it is to have an anchor in our lives.  That single person who, no matter what, you lean on after your worst day, you laugh with when life descends into chaos, who calms your stormy seas.  My husband is that person to me.  I know I don't give him nearly enough credit, because he does have to put up with all of my craziness, but truly there are days when I don't know what I would do without him in my life.  I was thinking about this today as I drove into work, watching the sun rise over the March fields, listening to the Lady Antebellum song "I Run to You."  If you haven't ever heard it, take a listen.  Who is your person?  Who holds your world together when everything else feels that it is coming apart?  Give them a shout out on this Friday, then let them know how much you love them today. 



Blog Footer