Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Girl Time

Yesterday was a dreary day all around here.  But this girl had big plans.  My work girlfriends had booked pedicures for four of us at a local salon/spa to celebrate a birthday (not mine).  Take just one minute to imagine this...four women who giggle, laugh, talk over each other, and are loud and bawdy getting pedicures all at the same time.  


It was just as you are thinking.  


I don't know who enjoyed it more...us or the lovely women laughing as they exfoliated, moisturized, massaged, and painted our toes.  I do know that there is a part of me that needs that girl time more than I realize, and I got plenty of it yesterday.  It was a blast.  We sat in those chairs (which massage your back as your feet sit in the most delicious pool of water) sipping water and lemonade just laughing our heads off.  I could have cared less what it looked like outside.  There could have been a blizzard for all I knew.  When all was said and done, the four of us had on flimsy salon flip-flops and headed out into the rain for dinner & drinks.  


While we ate, laughed, gabbed, and gossiped like a bunch of junior high girls we took regular toe breaks to look at our pretty feet in those awful flip-flops.  I'm certain our waiter thought we were crazy, but I really don't care.  Sometimes a girl just needs girl time.  I have a husband I adore, a son who fills my momma heart to the tippy-top, but once in a while I just need to hang with my besties-be it my mom besties, work besties, or others I've collected along the way.  I'm sure you know just what I mean.
I tried to take a picture of my toes, but they looked weird. 
Blog Footer