Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Feeling Awkward

This weekend, my husband is away...spending some time with his daughter & her husband in Virginia while I hold down the fort here.  Whenever one of us isn't around, something just isn't right.  I don't know if it is because I'm nuts, or if this makes sense to anyone else.  He left early Saturday morning, and ever since then I just feel out of sorts.  Kind of like the hamster wheel in my brain lost its hamster.  


Blah.  


This goes against every feminist, individualistic, badass ideal I've espoused my entire life.  I'm a strong human being, for crying in a bucket!  Yet, here I am, feeling all mopey.  It is crazy.  I know if he manages to read this today, he will crack up at my craziness.  Because today, I'm a non-functioning nut.  


Here is what I've managed to accomplish today in his absence...


Shower (major accomplishment...whew!)
Feed Jack cereal
Strip bed linens and get them into washer (not dryer yet)
Search for a vacation rental for spring break


Mostly I'm wandering our little house like a marble in a shoe box.  This is pathetic.  I will promptly get up off my rear end, fold Jack's laundry (don't laugh, I really, really mean it...I will fold and put it away), then clean out the freezer like I said I would on Friday.  


After I watch this You Tube video.  And eat some chips.


Oooff...this is going to be a long day.


Honey, if you're reading this, come home to us...
Sad Jack




Blog Footer