Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bored with Food

Do you ever get bored with food?  I'm a cooking gal here.  I'm talking, baking pies, cakes, tarts, delectable desserts at the drop of a hat when the craving hits.  I can make a mean three-layer chocolate cake if you please.  I will only ever have real whipped cream in this house.  The Food Network and Ina Garten are the church I worship at.  But lately I am bored with it all.  Bored with cooking, eating, even with restaurants.  Belch.  Maybe it is the post-holiday overindulgence hitting.  Who knows.  But I can say with absolute certainty that when the question arises, "what's for _____" (breakfast/lunch/dinner) I want to scream my Williams-Sonoma loving head off.  If there were a way to sustain me for the next few weeks so I could take a break from eating, I totally would.  I'm just over it.  Blech.  


So, what do you do when you have hit the brick wall of ideas for your family?  How do you handle that question, "what's for dinner?" when the last thing you want to think about is food?  I need yummy and inspiring ideas people, before we starve to death here!


Blog Footer