Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What would I do without them?

I work in a school.  So this time of year I am gearing up to return to work.  For me, this consists of restless nights of sleep, days filled with a mixture of excitement and sadness, ears straining to hear the sounds of football coaches whistles during two-a-days, promising that tomorrow will be the morning I'll start practicing the 5:30am wake-up call, staring into my closet at work clothes that haven't seen the light of day in 10 weeks, and trying to brush up on teen pop culture.  It also is time to catch up with by besties at work. At the end of the school year we are filled with ideas for summer get-togethers, what we want to do with our families and kids, and then we are facing August, not having seen each other since we walked out into the hot sun back in June.  Yet, it feels as though no time has passed between the three of us.  I know these awesome ladies have busy lives, what with families and non-work friends.  Summertime is when we play catch-up on everything that work consumes during the school year.  I don't worry that there will be strangeness after a few months of not seeing each other.  I am giddy to see them tomorrow at lunch.  I feel the exact same way I used to in grade school before the first day of school.  We will hug, giggle, probably eat Mexican food, exchange stories about "what I did for my summer vacation", talk about our kids and spouses, our crazy lovable families, and then settle into a new school year.  I don't know how I would survive one without them.


Blog Footer