Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Getting going...

I love blogs...I love reading blogs.  I read so many mom blogs out there that make me laugh, cry, scowl, and generally feel more sane and less like a crazy person.  That being said, I never wanted to be a "mom blogger."  So I'm not.  I'm a midwestern girl.  I have been born and raised in Ohio.  I live within visual distance of a cornfield, adjecent of a beanfield, and work where a county fair and football rules.  I have an amazing veggie garden.  I am learning to quilt, slowly but surely.  My family belongs to a CSA.  This time of year we are eating corn until it comes out of our ears, peaches until the syurp drips down our elbows, and beef year round.  Yes, I'm a mom...but I'm so many different things too...so can't I be a midwestern modern momma blogger?!

The reason I thought to start this was planted in my brain last night at dinner with a very dear friend (who is trying to teach me to quilt).  She has raised her children, and I am raising our son.  Often, I find myself writing out these emails to her just to make sure my thoughts and feelings about parenting aren't totally crazy.  She tells me that she laughs out loud because she feels my pain and remembers being in the same place.  Well, if I can microblog via email to her, I might as well do it to the wide world, right?!

Tonight there isn't much on my mind, other than trying to format this stinking page.  I'm not liking how it is going.  I'll figure it out soon enough, I'm sure.  I have to have it pretty.  You'll learn that about me soon enough.  Until later...

Blog Footer