Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

In my cave

I've gone silent lately.  Into my cave, as we like to call it at home.  Honestly, I'm feeling overwhelmed at work, which bleeds into every single facet of my life.  The paperwork just keeps piling up, the dropped commitments keep getting more numerous, and the deeper this gets, the more I just want to stick some cotton wool in my ears and run deeper into a cave. 

Yeah, it won't fix things.  Blah blah blah.

I am not good at digging my way out of tough situations.  I would love to sit here and tell everyone that I'm made of tougher stuff.  It is pretty embarrassing to admit to the whole of the interwebs that when the going gets tough, I take to my bed.  I lose my patience with my son.  I get extra-sleepy and will go to sleep around 9:30 if I can.  I get overwhelmed at just the thought of cooking, so we eat out a lot.  I let the laundry pile up.  I let the house get cluttered.

All of this "letting it all go" makes the situation worse.  If it weren't so rainy and cold, I would consider camping out in Jack's big house in the back yard.  You know, for the sunsets.  (ha!) 

Instead, I'm writing this to put it all out there.  Lay it on the line.  Then I'm logging off and tackling the pile in front of me.  Then I will head home from work and get the living room measured for an outrageously expensive sectional we can't ever afford.  Then I'll do laundry.  Then I'll pack the suitcases for a weekend away with friends and music and good eats (and hopefully some drunken debauchery).  Then I'll pick up the messes in our house so that when we come home on Sunday I can just unpack and relax. 

Next week I work five days and get to have spring break.  Life can't be too bad, right? 

Blog Footer