Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Pardon me while I gush

My entire little family is sick in some way, shape or form.  We're sniffling, sneezing, fevering, coughing, wheezing, and generally not well.  This happens to us about three times each school year.  When it does the house becomes a disaster area because my husband and I just don't have the energy to clean, and our (almost four year-old) son can't.  We look like zombies when we're home from work in the evening.  And life feels like it is falling apart at the seams. 

I know it will get better soon.  I know that soon I'll emerge on the other side of this croupy sickness and begin to pick up the pieces of my house and feel better about life.  But right now I just want to crawl into a cave and pull a quilt over my head. 

Ugh.

Last night, as we were eating our take-out dinner (because no one wanted to even heat up dinner), my husband leaned over to me and told me I was the best wife ever.  I promptly melted into a puddle onto the messy floor.  We've been so wrapped up in our individual sicknesses, and our son's sickness, that we have forgotten about each other.  I didn't realize just how much I needed those words until they escaped from his mouth. 

Sometime today, take a moment to tell whoever is important in your life, just how special they are-be it your parents, your spouse, your children, your partner, your siblings, your friends.  You don't know how low their reserves might be, and this may be just what they need today. 

I know it has righted my ship some already.

Thanks dearest.


Blog Footer