Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Some good reading for back to work...

I know, it isn't Monday, but it sure feels like Monday 'round these parts.  When I find the person who poured the sand in my eyes last night while I dreamed, I'm putting the hurt on them.  There is not enough k-cups for my Keurig to wake this girl up today.  Jeez.

In lieu of being productive, here are a few good reads for your Tuesday (Monday).  That is, if you aren't inclined to be productive today.  I will do my utmost to fight the productivity bug, but work just won't seem to go away.  It's pesky that way.

The always lovely Sally McGraw has a great piece today about aging gracefully that I just adore.  We should all take the time to 1. Read it.  2.  Embrace her message and 3.  Think about how we each want to age and what it means to us.  I really do wish sometimes I could go back to that stunning 15 year-old me and rattle her until her teeth come loose because she spent more time self-loathing than appreciating how beautiful she was then.  I'm glad I finally got it.

This past weekend I whipped up a few yummy eats for my family.  I had to contribute something, as my husband G was painting his little heart out on our basement project.  If you love a hearty stew on a cold winter day, check out this recipe from The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond.  It is for beef stew with beer, and was absolutely delicious and easy to make.  I'll be posting our dessert later...I have some fun pictures for you of that!

You have to love a good love story, and Gabby Gifford's story with her husband is one for the ages.  This tale of love, done as an interview with Diane Sawyer on ABC will bring tears to your eyes.  Read it with a box of tissues.  They are adorable beyond words.  A couple to root for.

And finally, who doesn't love it when you get to see the stars all glammed up, liquored up, and out at an awards show like the Golden Globes?  (raises hand)  If you're in that camp, check out The Sixteen Best Reaction Shots from the NY Mag's Vulture.  Funny, tragic, and wonderful all at once.

That's all I've got for this gray and dreary morning...have a lovely Tuesday (Monday) and see y'all later!


Blog Footer